Welcome... i guess? =)

This is where I write about my life and (hopefully) figure out something about myself. I talk about what issues matter to me, from death and racism all the way to music and Childish Gambino.
I have 5 main personae (personas? idk, 5 split personalities) that I speak from: Puck, 8, Dubmac, Loverboy, and "?". They occasionally don't even agree on the same issues. ;)
Each identity is a facet of who I am. Each has a voice, an idea, a way of thinking. They're all important, and they make up who I am. So if you care to, read. Enjoy. Piece together my life, comment, follow, and learn about the real Mi8ke. Have fun ;)

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Songs and Such

So, I decided not to play music.

Not for a long time or anything, just for an indefinite amount of time. It's not even like I'm giving it up, I just decided to not automatically have some background noise to fill my space. But once I made the decision in my head, my brain begins playing what I guess I'd call the soundtrack of my life. Songs that dredge up old memories, songs that have annoyed me since i was a teenager (oh... don't know why that felt so weird, but it did), songs that make me think of love, sadness, hope, and a range of other emotions that I'm not gonna list.
The point is, why do I need background noise? Why is it that if I'm not playing music from something, I'm reciting it in my head?

I have thoughts.

I make witty banter for everyday life. 

I dream. 

I have millions of pointless and random ideas that fire through my brain, but it can't get priority over music? and not just any music. No, not even music I like. There are nights I lay awake in bed, unable to sleep, because the chorus of Justin Bieber's newest radio hit plays over and over and over and over. And how could it not? It's like the same 10 words. It's vague enough that it can mean whatever you want it to. It's.... Catchy.
I'm tired of catchy. I'm tired of gimmicks. I'm not the type that hates on art, but cmon. What is art? Where do we collectively draw the line on what isn't art? But I think art should make you feel something. It shouldn't be packaged and sold off and modified based on how many units it sells. Art is a lot of things to a lot of people, and... I don't know....

That's why it's art. 

I think?


I feel... and think a lot of things. 
I don't talk about them much because I rationalize "Who cares? We all think and feel. If it's important, then you'll know."
But that whole statement could be wrong. What if the act of me saying a thing at the time of me feeling it is what gives it importance? What if there's someone else in the world that understands the things I think and is waiting on someone else to speak up? Maybe I am unique and truly have a different way of thinking then most.


This was nice. I think I'll do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment